How do you show your employees that you care or celebrate milestones, like a promotion or job anniversary? To show your appreciation for clients at the end of a busy year, do you offer a simple gift or let them leave empty-handed? Corporate gifting allows businesses of every size to cultivate stronger bonds with employees, clients and prospective clients. Today’s corporate gifts are more creative and unique than ever before, as they aren’t just the physical tokens or gift baskets that many of us think of. Autumn Woods Co. is a leader in unique gifts, like custom wooden pens, and this is our Ultimate Corporate Gifting Guide.
How Corporate Gifting Can Benefit Your Business
Corporate gifts are a touchpoint between your company and the people that you care about, want to thank or want to impress. Gifts can be used in many different situations, whether you are looking for a prospective client to be wowed by your products or trying to recognize outstanding employees for their hard work. It can be used as a component of both your marketing initiatives and employee retention programs.
Corporate gifting has been shown to increase the chances of a potential client responding positively to the prospecting process, employees feeling like their hard work is being recognized and customers cementing their loyalty to your products and services. As companies continue to further personalize their customer acquisition and employee retention processes in a customer-centered landscape, corporate gifts are expected to become even more critical.
Choosing a Custom Manufacturing Company
Custom corporate gifts are the best way to impress employees, customers and prospective clients. However, every custom manufacturing company is not created alike. At Autumn Woods Co., we offer a complete range of unique corporate gifts and our custom manufacturing process makes the difference.
All of our products are handcrafted from real American hard woods, including maple, cherry, walnut and cedar. We can help you determine the perfect design for your preferred object, as companies that prefer handmade flasks are not necessarily the same as companies that are looking for custom wooden bookmarks. Once you finalize your design and place your order, we will prepare the type of wood you would like us to use and create the pattern needed to laser your design or logo directly onto the product.
If you don’t have your own design, we offer a variety of premade options that can be used alongside your name or logo, like the American flag or a mountain range. Once we take care of lasering your design onto the wood, we will remove each piece and add them to your preferred finished product if necessary. We will sand down any burn marks left behind by our precise laser and ensure a comfortable transition between the wood and metal pieces. We will then coat the wood in a thin layer of danish oil to ensure a natural finish and impressive finished product. No two pieces of wood are the same, so you can impress your clients and employees with a unique custom product.
When looking for a custom manufacturing company, you should also consider the range of what they offer. Autumn Woods Co. offers a complete spectrum of items, including:
- Bespoke box sets
- Bottle openers
- Handmade flasks
- Wine stoppers
- Wooden notebooks
- Wooden mousepads
- Handmade pens
- Wooden coasters
- Wooden bookmarks
- Succulent planters
- Wall art
- And more!
Custom Corporate Gifts Your Clients Will Love
Corporate gifts are commonly extended to current clients and prospective clients that you are hoping to secure. Many companies pour money into generic marketing campaigns, like email newsletters and banner ads. While those can be very effective and should be part of any successful strategy, what can make the difference when you’re trying to close the deal? Custom corporate gifts!
At Autumn Woods Co., we create custom wooden gifts for a wide range of occasions, including:
- Thank you gifts after attending a seminar, webinar, or event
- Marketing swag throughout the client journey and sales funnel
- Referral gifts for existing customers who brought a new client to you
- Gift bag pieces at a corporate gala or customer event
We also design and manufacture custom gifts that are designed with prospects in mind. These can be used to thank a new lead for their time in meeting with you, something to remind them of your product after a demo, a welcome gift after they make their first purchase or something else entirely. The sky is the limit when it comes to finding the perfect gifts for your prospects.
We can help you to tailor your custom corporate gifts depending on your target audience and the type of gifts that they might expect from your brand.
Handpicked Corporate Gifts Your Employees Will Love
Corporate gifting can also work as a way to recognize and thank your employees. Employees who don’t feel appreciated or recognized often start looking for a new position elsewhere or fail or engage with company culture. While you might think that the only thing your employees want to get them engaged is a bonus or raise, gifting is another way to show you care about them and see their efforts. Your employee gifts can be used for a comprehensive range of occasions, including:
- New child
- New house
- New pet
- Years of service
- Rewards for reaching a goal
- Winning a contest
- And more!
We can work with you to determine the right gifts for your employees and find custom, valuable pieces that they truly love.
Unique Corporate Gifts That Double as Memorable Keepsakes
Generic gifts, even if they are customized with your logo and branding, often get a generic response from clients. To create something truly amazing that gets amazing results, you need to work with the right partner. Autumn Woods Co. designs and manufactures amazing items, like custom bottle openers and handmade pens, that are unlike anything your clients and employees have received before. When you invest in high-quality pieces that are impressive, they are more likely to be kept and used every day. And every time your client or employee is using that corporate gift, they will be reminded of you. Personalization changes things, and finding something gorgeous and unique will change things even more.
The Dos and Don’ts of Corporate Gifting
When you are starting or growing your own corporate gifting program, it’s important to remember the do’s and don’ts:
- Don’t assume that a client or prospective client will be able to accept a gift. There are laws that surround gifting, and sometimes they can stop someone from being able to take your offering. Certain types of government employees and contractors are completely prohibited from accepting gifts, so they cannot benefit from your program.
- Do check with organizations to see if there are any policies regarding gifts and gift value. Some businesses that do accept gifts cap them at a certain value or type of item to limit what can be given. Always check with your Human Resources department and the recipient to make sure that you know what can and cannot be accepted.
- Don’t rely on generic items when sending a corporate gift. Customization is key, and it increases the likelihood that you will make a great first impression and that your gift will be kept and appreciated. The difference between a generic pen and a custom engraved wood pen is huge!
- Do use handwritten cards whenever possible to send your gifts. In today’s world, it’s rare that we receive something that is completely personalized. Making the effort to handwrite a thank you card or note to go along with the gift makes a huge difference in the impression that you make.
- Don’t make your gift impractical. Instead, make sure that your gift is something that can be used. At Autumn Woods Co., our corporate gifting options are designed to be easy to use immediately and things worth keeping around. Things like bottle openers, handmade pens and wooden mousepads are easy to use and keep around. They are also incredibly practical and ready to start using right away.
- Do have fun when you are giving out corporate gifts. This is your chance to impress your employees, loyal clients and prospective clients, and you should have fun doing it! Your creativity can be used to design something remarkable and that could change your prospecting process forever, so don’t be afraid to have fun and explore all of your options. Our team can work with you to create something one-of-a-kind that perfectly captures your business.
- Don’t pick favorites. Businesses, particularly those in the same industry, can talk. If word gets out that you only give gifts to some of your loyal clients and not others, it can make your business look bad and damage your reputation. If you work with multiple points of contact in one company, it also can hurt feelings if you only send one pen or gift. Try to choose something that multiple people can appreciate at once, like a succulent planter for the break room, or else send multiple single gifts for the people that you have worked with and want to appreciate.
- Do come up with a gift-giving process that is sustainable for your workplace. If you want to send gifts throughout the year for events like birthdays, you will need to create a calendar to keep yourself on track and make sure that you don’t forget any milestones. Google Calendar and other digital calendar services are a great way to get this done and make easy edits as you hire new employees. While some companies prefer to order a lot of gifts for the year at once, others place small orders once a month to get the gifts for the immediate future. Regardless of how you prefer to place your order, the professionals at Autumn Woods Co. are happy to work with you so that you never forget a job anniversary or go empty-handed to close a deal with a client.
- Don’t guess the name of the person who will be receiving the gift if you are sending it to someone specific, like the CEO of the company or the head of the marketing department. Make sure that you take the time to look up the correct recipient and spell their name properly on everything. It sounds like a simple step, but many times companies accidentally send a gift to someone who no longer works with the company or puts the wrong name (like Katherine instead of Katie) on a personalized item. A little bit of extra time invested beforehand can make a really big difference in the end result.
The Best Way to Present a Corporate Gift
Even the most beautiful item can be tarnished when it is not delivered with the name of who is gifting it, a note or proper packaging to prevent damage. Presentation is a key part of the gifting process, so you should make sure that you are working with a company that not only wows with the product that is created but that also impresses in the finished package. Our bespoke box sets are one way to create a stunning presentation. Our Bespoke Office Box, for example, comes in an easy-open puzzle box. Once your client opens it, they will find a stunning customized notebook and handmade pen of your choice. The notebook and pen perfectly coordinate with the box, so you are sure to have a positive reception.
Where Can I Find Wonderful Corporate Gifts?
Autumn Woods Co. is proud to be a leader in corporate gifting and custom wood gifts that wow your employees, customers and prospective clients. We deliver products that bring quality and style to offices and homes around the country, and our one-of-a-kind pieces can make a wonderful impression wherever they are used. From barware pieces that are custom made to versatile corporate gifts, we are here to be your source for all of your corporate gifting needs. Shop our products here or call us at 667-272-4197 to learn more!